Playing Video Poker can drastically increase a players’ chances of winning big if the correct strategy is followed and by logging onto the Internet you can easily play video poker and its wide range of variations.
Card Ranking in Video Poker
Players can try Deuces Wild, Aces and Faces, Jacks or Better, All American, Jokers Wild and Tens or Better. These variations have slight differences in rules and basic strategies and if you enjoy real poker you can apply your skills in card counting and their values when playing Video Poker. When Playing video poker players should memorize the following:-
- Royal Flush consists of A, K, Q, J and 10 all of which must be the same suit.
- Straight Flush consists of five cards of the same suit and every next card must be higher than the previous one.
- Four of a Kind is when a player produces four cards of the same value to win.
- Full House consists of 3 cards of the value and a pair.
- Flush is any 5 cards of the same suit.
- Straight is a hand of 5 cards of different suits, placed from the lowest to the highest. For example, you've got Straight if you have A, 2, 3, 4, and 5 in your hand. An Ace may be used to complete both the lowest and the highest hands such as 10, J, Q, K, A
- Three of a Kind consists of 3 cards of the same value.
- Two Pair is a hand which consists of two pairs of the same value.
- One Pair consists of two cards of the same value.
Video Poker Basic Principles
Before a player starts a USA video poker session they should check the paytables and
their payouts for different combinations as the winning odds differ in every game. There are some general rules and strategies that players should follow to increase their chances of winning in any Video Poker and the rules are as follows:-
Hold the cards that already constitute a winning combination. Don't discard a paying hand expecting to collect on a higher one. Don't keep kickers or side cards as they are absolutely useless and will decrease your chances of winning. for example if you have a hand of 10, 10, K, 2, A.
The pair of tens and the King will pay but the 2 and the A are the kickers or side cards. When playing real poker you must keep these kickers or side cards as they will determine the value of the hand and can be used to break ties between combinations of the same value.
Follow the basic strategy when playing Video Poker and you will increase your number of winnings considerably.
Our Recommended Casinos for Video Poker Play are Lucky 247 Casino | Lucky Emperor Casino | Silversands Casino